Monday, January 9, 2012

Halloween Slime

Homemade slime

Want a fun and unique non-treat Halloween gift idea for the kids this year?  I recently shared some fun Halloween Playdough a couple of weeks ago as a non-sugared Halloween treat.  In keeping with the non-treat theme, I thought Halloween slime would be another fun option.  I know my kids love this stuff.  And it is an easy Halloween craft to make and can be packaged in some creative ways.  I saw something similar to these test tubes on Martha’s site and decided to make my own version. 
halloween crafts 1
I know many/most of you will not have test tubes lying around your home like I did…don’t ask…long story about how I used to teach high school science! I know you can buy some on Amazon for a few dollars and they are plastic.  And I am trying to get better at making printables.  I struggle with creativity in this area so I am trying to branch out a bit.  I made some labels to go on the test tubes and you can download blank ones which you can then create your own names…or download the pre-named labels that I have pictured.
halloween crafts 2
And…if a free printable weren’t enough…I made a video demonstrating how we made our slime.  I know…I am getting a little crazy over here.  My son was really excited about it so I thought…why not?  So much easier seeing something then reading directions right?  Especially if you are a creative type.  But I must make a disclaimer…I have no idea what I am doing.  I could not get the two videos together to make just one video, so you get part 1 and part 2.  I am sure there is an easy way…but I was feeling challenged.  And…I sound really boring, monotone and quiet in the video…so you have been warned!  I will see if I can learn how to do this better.
How to Make Slime Part 1
How to Make Slime Part 2

Pretty easy right?  So go and make some for your parties and Trick-or-Treaters.  You can find Borax in the laundry aisle.
Halloween crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment