Monday, January 9, 2012

quick Halloween crafts


germs are scary1

I purchased some small hand soaps and peeled off the labels, then used to my Cricut to cut the black vinyl letters.

For the text, I used the font “Dark Half BTN”.
Dark Half font

I attached some festive ribbon and then hot glued different colored plastic spiders to the bottles. ( These are spider rings, and I just cut the ring part off.)

FUN!  I love how they turned out.  Hope the teachers do, too!

IMG_6420

IMG_6420 - Copy
Thanks for visiting today!

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2011


Google Eye Halloween Frame

So of course I saw this idea for Halloween photo frames on Pinterest, and decided my kids needed to try it…
google eye frames
We started with these supplies. We already had the glue and the sponge brushes.  The frames were $1 at Michaels.  The Google Eyes were $1 at Dollar Tree.
IMG_5668
After the kids painted each frame black, I hot glued some paper flowers to each frame.  And after that, the kids started gluing on eyes…
IMG_5683
face photo
They swirled glue in small sections at a time, and then just placed the eyes.
IMG_5687
Now I have fun photo frames to display Halloween costumes from years past!
IMG_6046a
IMG_6048a
google eye frames
Thanks for visiting!

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011


Spider Lollipops

I keep getting such great ideas from Pinterest!  This idea for Spider Lollipops came from Oh Dee Doh and it’s such a fun idea!
IMG_6386
I purchased a bag of Tootsie Roll lollipops and cut squares from a black trash bag to cover the wrapper.  Then I took three pipe cleaners (cut in half) to wrap around and create the “legs”.
IMG_6384 - Copy
Lastly, I glued some googly eyes them.
IMG_6381
IMG_6382
IMG_6387
How fun are these favors?!  I hope the kids love ‘em!  Thanks for visiting me today!

MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2011


Pumpkin Bowling

Today I’m sharing an easy project using recycled bottles. I painted a few empty bottles to create some Pumpkin Bowling games for an upcoming fall festival.
bottles - faces
I followed this tutorial from Meet The Dubiens blog.  but I found it necessary to use a hair dryer to dry the paint so it wouldn’t sink to the bottom of the bottles. (Even applying heat to the outside of the bottle will help dry the paint inside.)
 sports bottles 
Hope the kids will enjoy this!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment