Monday, January 9, 2012

pillow

Tutorial Tuesday: Halloween Pillow

I'm going to try to decorate more for the holidays, well the holidays that I really like :). I'm going to attempt to make at least one pillow. I wanted to make it really easy to change the pillow out, so I made a pillow case to go over one of my old throw pillows.



This is how I made it:
1) The pillow that I am covering is 17"x17". So I cut three pieces. The front one is 18 1/2"x 18 1/2". The back two are going to overlap, so one is 18 1/2"x12" and the other one is 18 1/2"x 10"

2) Next I cut out some heat transfer vinyl with my Silhouette. I used colors: purple, orange and silver from Expressions Vinyl

3) I ironed them onto the front piece of fabric.

Here is the design all ironed on

4) Next I took one of the backs pieces and then laid it onto the top piece, with the fronts together. Then I laid down the last piece. The two pieces overlap by about 6 inches.

5) I pinned it all together and then I sewed all four sides together.

6) I then stuff the pillow into the opening of the case.

And just like that I have a pillow for Halloween and I easily change it for the next holiday.
http://craftskeepmesane.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment