Monday, January 9, 2012

For the kids

felt play food

**I have recently added a tab for an Idea Room Flickr photo group. I am hoping that some of you will be interested in uploading pictures of the projects you have made from the Idea Room. I always love seeing what people have been able to make and I am sure you would like to see them too. So go ahead and start taking photos and uploading them. Since I am absolutely new to Flickr, I am hoping I have set it up so that it works. Let me know!
I realize all of my latest posts have been sugary treats! This cooler weather makes me want to bake. Even this post is food related, but at least these are calorie free.
Shhh! Don’t tell my daughter, but here is a sneak peek at what my girls are getting for Christmas this year. I have seen felt food all over the internet and as soon as I began to see them, I knew I had to make some for the girls.
To make this stackable ham sandwich, I used this tutorial here. Then after I got the hang of it, I kind of winged it and came up with some of my own designs for the lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. They really are very easy and require minimal sewing skills. If you don’t have a machine, you can hand stitch them as well.
I found a tutorial for the fried egg here and just made the bacon without any pattern. I also stumbled upon this site with a lot of different ideas for making felt food.
The strawberry pattern I used can be found here and the fruit slices were made using the patterns here and here. Then, after making the fruit slices, I used the same process and mad a slice of watermelon by cutting my felt in the same shape, but just larger.
And since I know some of you are going to ask, I got this fun wooden food play set fromAmazon.com.
I am so excited for the girls to see them on Christmas morning! If you know of any other free felt food patterns, I would love to know where to find some more. But beware…making felt food is very addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment